
Some Nigerians have expressed outrage over the invitation of 18 Chinese medical experts to the country to assist in the fight against the coronavirus , a microbe which causes COVID- 19 .
Observation by news correspondent showed that the Nigerians distrusted the Chinese government , hence they asked the Federal Government to be wary of bringing in the Chinese medical team, especially as they are coming from where the disease originated from .
The Chairman of the association, Dr Muhammed Adeboye, said in Ilorin that Nigeria has no alarming cases compared to other countries to warrant external help.
”It is bad for us to be expecting experts because people are not dying massively in Nigeria and cases are not increasing astronomically.
”For now, we are not stressed out as far as the crisis is concerned and people are been discharged day-in-day-out.
”So, there is no indication to bring any professional from any part of the world,” Adeboye said.
He cautioned that any external unwarranted assistance could aid the foreigners to manipulate the virus to be more harmful to Nigerians.
”Bringing people in can be an avenue for many terrible things to happen as well, because we don’t have the capacity to manipulate viruses whether confirmed or not.
”It is a novel virus which might be probably man made and to a large extent, the rate of infection here is not as much as what we have in other countries.
”They can still manipulate to want to know what it is that is working for us, then go ahead to manipulate the virus again.
”And then, they will now import the virus with the so called unwarranted assistance, before you know it more people will be dying of it.
”So, we don’t need any foreign assistance, not even from China,” the MDCAN president said.
Meanwhile, The resident doctors, however, say they have distanced themselves from the plan.
“In the interim, NARD wishes to distance herself from the planned importation of Chinese medical experts to Nigeria in whatever guise or hood for the reasons presented in this write-up and many more,” Sokomba stated.
“NARD shall not contemplate further warning to distance herself from the Chinese adventure by way of withdrawing all her members from every public health facility in Nigeria so that the anticipated downturn in the output of Nigeria’s healthcare service delivery can be properly situated and traceable to the Chinese as is the case today in Italy.
“NARD hereby reiterates her position which was canvased earlier in the week for the FG to immediately and massively employ all qualified but unemployed doctors and other healthcare workers. Get them trained, insured, motivated and deployed nationwide”.
As the coronavirus pandemic spreads and countries struggle to respond , China has somewhat positioned itself as a global leader and benefactor in public health by donating coronavirus testing kits , ventilators , face masks and medics to African countries and others such as Italy , France , the Philippines , Spain , Iran and Iraq .
Some of the countries have , however , complained that thousands of the Chinese equipment are below standard or defective, while some countries have also turned down the offer by China to send its medics to them.
About a week after Nigeria received some medical equipment from Chinese billionaire Jack Ma , the Minister of Health , Dr Osagie Ehanire , disclosed that 18 Chinese medics would soon arrive in the country to assist in the fight against COVID- 19 .
The minister said this on Friday during a briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID- 19 in Abuja , adding that he had been notified of medical supplies from China courtesy of a group of Chinese companies working in Nigeria .







